The Hong Kong Sports Institute Limited ("HKSIL") is the Government's delivery agent of elite sports training systems. The HKSI's mission is to provide an environment in which sports talent can be identified, nurtured and developed to pursue excellence in the international sporting arena benchmarked at Asian and Olympic Games results. We are now inviting suitable candidates for the following vacancy:
HEAD COACH - TENPIN BOWLING
Annual remuneration package ranges from HK$680,362 (approx. US$87,585) to HK$1,642,265 (approx. US$211,415).
The HKSIL works in close collaboration with the Hong Kong Tenpin Bowling Congress ("HKTBC") in achieving the jointly defined goals of elite training. Therefore, while reporting to the Chief Executive, the incumbent is also responsible to the HKTBC to ensure the following duties are satisfactorily conducted:
- To oversee the planning, design, implementation, and evaluation, of the Tenpin Bowling elite training programme in line with the agreed training and competition aims of the HKTBC and HKSIL
- To lead the Tenpin Bowling Department, managing coaching and administrative staff, ensuring that it operates effectively, efficiently and within the annual financial budget
- To ensure that all scientific, medical and other athlete support services are fully utilised and integrated into the Tenpin Bowling programme to enhance elite training outcomes
- To create systematic opportunities for talent to emerge through related programmes
- To contribute towards the overall development of coach education programmes which promote to the development of local coaches
- To provide professional and technical oversight of the HKSI Tenpin Bowling Centre
- To contribute to in-house and general media publications as requested
- To contribute to the enhancement of the professional image of the HKSIL
- University Degree or its equivalent;
- Holder of national level coaching certificates;
- Over 10 years proven experience and achievement in coaching Tenpin Bowling at international level;
- Substantial experience in leading programme planning and administration in Tenpin Bowling;
- Demonstrated ability to utilise sports science and sports medicine to add value to the training and coaching process;
- Excellent interpersonal / analytical / evaluation / planning skills;
- High level of computer literacy;
- Strong links with international Tenpin Bowling bodies;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Please send full resume with current and expected salary, contact telephone number, email and postal addresses, and availability to The Human Resources Manager, Hong Kong Sports Institute Ltd, 25 Yuen Wo Road, Sha Tin, New Territories or email: email@example.com on or before 28 May 2012. Please quote reference no. JD-20120508-HTBC in the application.
Appointment will be on a fixed term contract. General information is available at the website http://www.hksi.org.hk. For enquiries, please call Ms Siu at +852 2681 6343.
Applicants who are not invited for interview within six months may consider their applications unsuccessful.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Data collected will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes only.